Silicon Valley Internship @ Open Austria – San Francisco | Fall 2020
We are currently looking to fill an internship vacancy for the months of September-November 2020 at our San Francisco office to support our activities in the Bay Area. We seek candidates with a passion for innovation, technology, and GovTech who have proven skills in research, event organization and presentational communication. Full fluency in German and English is essential.
You have an outgoing personality, are passionate about innovation with a “roll up your sleeves and get things done” attitude and are eager to inhale the innovative Silicon Valley air. You will work closely with entrepreneurs, scientists, artists, as well as official institutions and organizations in Austria and the US. Your duties include research, drafting papers and reports, preparing and organizing events, attending relevant meetings at think tanks, government agencies etc., as well as assistance with the everyday tasks.
- 3-month (40 hours/week) paid internship in Silicon Valley – Office in downtown San Francisco
- intercultural, creative, fast-paced, interdisciplinary, and team-oriented working culture
- platform to grow your skills, professional experience, and network
- vibrant co-working space in the heart of downtown San Francisco, the dynamic South of Market (SoMa) neighborhood
- a monthly stipend of € 1.010,65,- or € 1.359,45,- (brutto), commensurate with degree of education
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct industry, market and scientific research and assist in Open Austria’s business development efforts/strategy
- Assist with the preparation of high-level delegations from Austria
- Assist during special events and meetings
- Prepare reports on international innovation ecosystems
- Prepare marketing documents
- Support client meetings
- Administrative duties, such as handling reservations or administrating contacts etc.
- Holder of Austrian citizenship
- Active enrollment at an accredited university (at least three semesters of academic studies) pursuing a Bachelor-, Master- Degree, Magister Degree Program or recent completion of studies
- Excellent written and spoken command of English and German
- A strong interest in topics including entrepreneurship and startup culture
- Relevant prior professional experience (internship, volunteer, work, etc.)
- Experience with tech, innovation & related topics and eager to learn
- Strong organizational skills in a deadline-oriented environment, while keeping attention to detail
- Proven ability to conduct research and write reports, as well as presentational and communication skills
- Passion for Open Austria’s mission to connect Austrian and Silicon Valley in business, science, technology and the arts
How to Apply:
● Please send your CV and cover letter (outlining why you are interested in an internship with Open Austrian and previous experience relevant to the role) in English language to firstname.lastname@example.org
● Application deadline: June 17, 2020
Interviews to be held in the week of June 22, 2020
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Interns are responsible for covering costs of accommodation, travel expenses, travel insurance, US visa, and living expenses.