3-month Internship | Open Austria, San Francisco | Fall 2020
We are currently looking for an intern starting at the end of August 2020, for a duration of 3 months to support our activities at our San Francisco office. We seek candidates with a passion for innovation, technology, and the arts who have proven skills in research, event organization and presentational communication. Full fluency in German and English is essential.
You have an outgoing personality, are passionate about innovation with a “roll up your sleeves” attitude and are eager to inhale the innovative Silicon Valley air. You will work closely with entrepreneurs, scientists, artists, as well as official institutions and organizations in Austria and the US. Your duties include research, drafting papers and reports, preparing and organizing events, attending relevant meetings, as well as assistance with everyday and administrative tasks.
- 3-month (40 hours/week) paid internship in Silicon Valley – Office in downtown San Francisco
- Intercultural, creative, fast-paced, interdisciplinary, and team-oriented working culture
- Platform to grow your skills, professional experience, and network
- Vibrant co-working space in the heart of downtown San Francisco, the dynamic neighborhood South of Market (SoMa). However due to Covid-19, some or all of the work might have to be conducted via home office.
- Creative, international, and inspiring work environment with unlimited coffee (or tea)
- A monthly stipend (compensation level commensurate with level of education)
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in the various events and initiatives of Open Austria’s art + tech program
- Conduct industry, market and scientific research and assist in Open Austria’s business development efforts/strategy
- Assist with the preparation of high-level delegations from Austria
- Assist during special events and meetings
- Prepare reports on international innovation ecosystems
- Prepare marketing documents
- Support client meetings
- Administrative duties, such as handling reservations or administrating contacts etc
- Austrian citizenship
- Valid health insurance (accident insurance will be provided by the employer) that will cover medical expenses in the US (Auslandskrankenversicherung)
- Active enrollment at an accredited university (at least three semesters of academic studies) pursuing a Bachelor-, Master- Degree or a Magister Degree Program or recent completion of studies
- Excellent written & spoken command of English and German
- A strong interest in topics including entrepreneurship and startup culture
- Experience with and understanding of current topics in tech innovation
- Some prior relevant professional experience (internship, volunteer, work, etc.),
- Strong organizational skills in a deadline-oriented environment & attention to detail
- Proven ability to conduct research and write reports
- Passion for Open Austria’s mission to connect Austrian and Silicon Valley in business, science, technology and the arts
How to Apply
- Please send your CV and cover letter in English language to Martin Rauchbauer, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Application deadline: July 10, 2020
Interns need to cover the costs for accommodation, travels, health insurance, and living expenses not covered by the stipend. According to current regulations, you will be issued an A-2 visa by the US Embassy and will be able to travel to the United States. As we are following closely the current global Covid-19 pandemic, we will stay in constant communication with the selected candidate and discuss the evolving situation, including its implication for the internship.