Events, Delegations & Communications Manager @ Open Austria – San Francisco
Open Austria is a joint initiative by the Federal Ministry for Europe, Integration and Foreign Affairs and the Austrian Economic Chamber. Our mission is to connect Austrian entrepreneurs, startups, scientists, and creative minds with Silicon Valley and provide those who are already here with a home base.
We are currently looking for an experienced Events, Delegations & Communications Manager for our San Francisco office to start ASAP. We seek candidates with strong written and verbal communication skills in English and German, a positive and success-driven attitude, and proficiency in administrative tasks.
You will work closely with entrepreneurs, scientists, artists, as well as official institutions and organizations in Austria and the US. You will directly report to one of the two Co-Directors of Open Austria and interact with the entire Open Austria team, actively helping to design and implement our projects, initiatives, and strategies. You will manage a wide variety of day-to-day tasks with special focus on the organisation and execution of all events and delegation visits. If you pride yourself on getting things done, never miss a detail and have a passion for innovation, technology, public policy, startups, and the arts, we’d love to hear from you!
- An exciting job in an innovative and inspiring environment in Silicon Valley
- An intercultural & interdisciplinary, creative, fast-paced, and team-oriented working culture with unlimited coffee (or tea)
- A platform to grow your skills, professional experience, and network
- A vibrant co-working space in the heart of downtown San Francisco, South of Market (SoMa)
- 18 vacation days
- 60% of US health insurance
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Your main responsibility will be the preparation and execution of high-level delegation visits (politicians, public officials, entrepreneurs, etc.) as well as the thorough organization and oversight of all other Open Austria events
- Manage daily e-mail and postal correspondence
- Coordinate calendars and schedule meetings
- Manage and update all Social Media accounts
- Database and network management
- Maintenance and update of our website
- Manage monthly Newsletter in editorial collaboration with other team members
- Design of flyers, banners, event headers, etc.
- Special projects as assigned
- A positive, open-minded, fun, and professional team player with a great can-do attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and German is a must
- Passion for bridging Austria’s innovation culture with Silicon Valley
- Proven office, communications, and event manager with experience in administrative tasks preferably for a startup or governmental organization
- A generalist that can tackle multiple responsibilities simultaneously
- Professional background in public relations a plus
- Versatility and quick adaptability to new challenges; eager the learn and improve
- Used to working under pressure of deadlines and excellent follow-through in a fast paced environment
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- An interest in working with and connecting entrepreneurs, innovators, scientists, experts from different cultural backgrounds
- Strong proficiency in digital tools: e.g. Google Docs, Mailchimp, WordPress, Squarespace, Trello, Slack, Microsoft Office, and especially Excel
- US work permit is not a must
How to Apply
- Please send your CV and cover letter in English to Martin Rauchbauer: email@example.com
- Please note that only candidates invited for interviews will be contacted.
- Application deadline: August 15, 2018